American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small vehicle with skilike runners in front and tanklike treads, ridden by straddling a seat and used for driving in or traveling on snow. Also called skimobile.
- n. vehicles A vehicle with skis at the front and rubber tracks at the rear, used for travelling over snow, sometimes as sport
- v. intransitive To ride or race in a snowmobile.
- n. tracked vehicle for travel on snow having skis in front
- v. ride a snowmobile
- snow + -mobile (Wiktionary)
- snow + (auto)mobile. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The main distinctive feature of this snowmobile is a big wheel instead of a regular for such kind of transport rubber heavy caterpillar made of metal and rubber.”
“I would venture to say that you can't even buy a snow shovel in Mexico, and you will never see salt being strewn on the highways or for that matter, we don't really know what a snowmobile is down here.”
“Running down deer with a snowmobile is simply wrong on a bunch of levels and we can't condone this activity and the people who committed this crime has to be punished, but to draft new laws that address this situation have to be done slowly and with the right input from the sportsman of the area, otherwise we may very well regret the results.”
“Workers would prefer to go door-to-door in balmier weather but can't wait because once the ice begins to melt, crossing rivers by sled or snowmobile is impossible.”
“My uncle also used to tell stories about the ravens at Yellowstone Park, who had figured out how to unhook the straps over the food compartments in snowmobile seats.”
“It's just as important whether it's in snowmobile manufacturing, or telecommunications, for example.”
“After their accident, they called the snowmobile rental company, which made the 911 calls.”
“The bottom line is this: I don't think there's anyone around who would say a snowmobile is a legitimate way to go deer hunting," Kaufert said.”
“Sheriff Dingus Aho puts a close hold on the investigation, but rumors spread that the snowmobile is the one driven by legendary peewee ice hockey coach Jack Blackburn who died ten years while riding one at Starvation Lake.”
“In the United States the snowmobile is a means of winter recreation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘snowmobile’.
Looking for tweets for snowmobile.