from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bubble, especially a large one, formed from soapy water.
- n. Something beautiful but transient or illusory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very thin film of soap water that forms a sphere with an iridescent surface.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a hollow iridescent globe, formed by blowing a film of soap suds from a pipe; figuratively, something attractive, but extremely unsubstantial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bubble formed from soapy water; especially, a thin spherical film of soap-suds inflated by blowing through a pipe, and forming a hollow globe which has often beautiful iridescent colors playing over the surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bubble formed by a thin soap film
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.