from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various chiefly tropical trees of the genus Sapindus, having pulpy fruit that lathers like soap.
- n. The fruit of any of these trees.
- n. The buffalo berry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any woody plant of the genus Sapindus, which is eponymous of the Sapindaceae family
- n. The fruit of such a plant, especially of the tree Sapindus saponaria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of one of several species of Sapindus; also, any of the trees producing it, and, by extension, any member of the genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tree of the genus Sapindus whose fruit is rich in saponin
soap + berry: the fleshy part of the fruit was used in washing linen. (Wiktionary)