from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. Some part; a portion, something; some.
- adv. In some measure or degree; somewhat, partly, partially
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In some degree; somewhat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Some part; somewhat; something; some.
- In some measure or degree; somewhat; partly; partially.
From Middle English somdel, sumdel ("somewhat, to an extent, in some measure; part, portion, a bit, small amount; in ~ this instance, this case"), equivalent to some + deal. (Wiktionary)