- v. alternative spelling of suck.
- n. Scotland, rare Familiar name for a calf.
- n. Familiar name for a cow.
- n. Newfoundland A cow or sheep.
- n. Australia, New Zealand A poddy calf.
- n. US A female Chesapeake Bay blue crab.
- interj. Scotland A call for calves.
- interj. A call for cattle.
- interj. Newfoundland A call for cattle or sheep.
- n. Australia, Atlantic Canada, New Zealand, slang, derogatory A crybaby, a complainer, a whinger; a shy or timid person, a wimp; a coward.
- n. Australia, Atlantic Canada, New Zealand, slang A sulk or complaint; an act of sulking.
- n. alternative spelling of souq (“Arab market”)..
- n. The mature female blue crab, Callinectes sapidus.
- Origin unknown. From 1950. (Wiktionary)
“Most of the time they're like "ooooh my hand hurts * sook sook* I need an xray, it's brooooken" ...”
“Stepdad told girl to stop being a sook and that sex abuse was 'good for her' A MAN who told his teenage step-daughter to stop being a "sook" because the sexual abuse he was subjecting her to was "good for her" was today jailed for six years.”
“Stepdad told girl to stop being a sook and that sex abuse was 'good for her' A MAN who told his teenage stepdaughter to stop being a "sook" because the sexual abuse he was subjecting her to was "good for her" was today jailed for six years.”
“I'd bet good money that just about everyone having a sook will be lining up opening day.”
“It depends on each financial investor's appetite, but those which have a high-risk, high-return investment strategy may have joined the fund," said Kang Kwang-sook at Samsung Securities.”
“I loved the three lead performances by Kang-ho Song, Ok-bin Kim and Hae-sook Kim apologies if I have typed their names incorrectly, but I am merely going by what IMDb tells me.”
“Kim steals Moon-sook away from the dork, then pushes her away, then regrets his actions and takes up with another vacationer who supposedly resembles her, and then deals with Moon-sook again when she tracks him down back at the resort.”
“Kim drags along his dorky production designer (Kim Tae-woo), who is married but who also happens to have a girlfriend, a composer named Moon-sook (Ko Hyun-Joung).”
“The question is: Would an Author who puts down, dare i say it, such a great series ( THREE) of books, who had such a gapping effin holes waiting to be filled in ( prequel), would they be called a girls blouse, sook, sisy, wimp, if they DID NOT DO A PREQUEL!”
“By Sir Senator FKN HAVOCK, October 12, 2009 @ 7:08 pm quokka..why does girls blouse and sook come to mind”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sook’.
A place for me to store my Newfoundland English, as I learn it. (Might take a while.)
Australianisms & other Oz-related vocabulamary.
Looking for tweets for sook.