from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any multiple fleshy fruit that is derived from the ovaries of multiple flowers
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman's club; an association of women.
- n. A fleshy fruit formed by the consolidation of many flowers with their receptacles, ovaries, etc., as the breadfruit, mulberry, and pineapple.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a fleshy multiple fruit composed of many flowers, seed-vessels, and receptacles consolidated, as in the pineapple, breadfruit, and mulberry.
- n. A woman's club; specifically, the first woman's club in America, organized in 1868.
Sorry, no etymologies found.