from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strong wind coming from the south.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. comparative form of south: more south
- n. A strong wind from the south
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A strong wind, gale, or storm from the south.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wind, gale, or storm from the south.
- To turn or veer toward the south: said of the wind or a vane.
- n. A Scotch form of solder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wind from the south
Sorry, no etymologies found.