American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang One who shows difficulty in grasping reality or in responding appropriately to it; a spacy person: "the screwups and the space cadets—in other words, the fringe element” ( Linda Ellerbee).
- n. slang, derogatory One who deals with reality in a way consistent with being under the influence of (or "spaced out on") drugs.
- n. slang, derogatory One who forgets, daydreams, or otherwise is distracted from reality more often than most.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. derogatory a person who appears disconnected from reality, or living in his own world; -- sometimes used of people who are under the influence of mind-altering drugs.
- n. someone who seems unable to respond appropriately to reality (as if under the influence of some narcotic drug)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘space cadet’.
Two-word phrases composed of five-letter words. There are a couple with three words (great white shark), but I stuck those on Triads 3.
My S Words
Looking for tweets for space cadet.