from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang One who shows difficulty in grasping reality or in responding appropriately to it; a spacy person: "the screwups and the space cadets—in other words, the fringe element” ( Linda Ellerbee).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who deals with reality in a way consistent with being under the influence of (or "spaced out on") drugs.
- n. One who forgets, daydreams, or otherwise is distracted from reality more often than most.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person who appears disconnected from reality, or living in his own world; -- sometimes used of people who are under the influence of mind-altering drugs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who seems unable to respond appropriately to reality (as if under the influence of some narcotic drug)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.