Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a bright-brown color; bay; chestnut.
- In botany, bearing or having the nature of a spadix. See petaloideous, endogen, and Monocotyledones. Also spadicious.
- adj. Of a bright clear brown or chestnut colour.
- adj. botany Bearing flowers on a spadix; of the nature of a spadix.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of a bright clear brown or chestnut color.
- adj. (Bot.) Bearing flowers on a spadix; of the nature of a spadix.
- Latin spadix, spadicis, a date-brown or nut-brown color. See spadix. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spadiceous’.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
Words for colours that have fallen out of use.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Panvocalics are words that contain all the vowels. Listed here are "euvocalics": words that have each of the five vowels only once. (These are also a kind of supervocalic.) Words that also have a "...
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
A complement to Chromonyms and Chromonyms 2, which are restricted to nouns that have appeared in at least one dictionary. If a word can be either a noun or an adjective, I list it as a noun. This l...
Words related to red.
Looking for tweets for spadiceous.