from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shaped like a spatula.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like a spatula; having a rounded, flattened extremity.
- adj. Having a broad, flat end and tapering into a narrower base.
- v. To treat or mix with a spatula.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaped like spatula, or like a battledoor, being roundish, with a long, narrow, linear base.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Shaped like a spatula; in zoology and anatomy, spoon-shaped, or rounded more or less like the outlines of a spoon; spatuliform; in botany, shaped like a spatula; resembling a spatula in shape, being oblong or rounded with a long narrow attenuate base: as, a spatulate leaf, petal, or other flattened organ. Also spathulate. See cuts under Eurynorhynchus, paddle-fish, Parotia, Prioniturus, Spathura, and shoveler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a leaf shape) having a broad rounded apex and a narrow base
Sorry, no etymologies found.