from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of spall.
- n. Scattered or ejected spittle
- v. To scatter spittle from the mouth; to spit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A splinter or fragment, as of wood or stone. See spall.
- n. Scattered or ejected spittle.
- v. To scatter spittle from the mouth; to spit, as saliva.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See spall.
- n. See spall.
- n. Saliva or spittle thrown out carelessly; slaver.
- To throw saliva from the mouth so as to scatter it; eject spittle in a careless, dirty manner: sometimes with indefinite it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fragment broken off from the edge or face of stone or ore and having at least one thin edge
Sorry, no etymologies found.