from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The delivery of a piece of mail, for an additional charge, by a special messenger rather than by scheduled delivery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of postal service in which, for an extra fee, letters and packages are delivered in a highly expedited manner by a special courier.
- n. A particular posted letter or package which is delivered in this manner; a particular act of conveying such letters or packages to one or more recipients.
- n. Something—whether desirable or undesirable—which is intentionally given to a specific individual or which an individual receives rapidly and unexpectedly; the personalized, direct quality of the transmission of such an item.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mail that is delivered by a special carrier (for an additional charge)
Sorry, no etymologies found.