from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various edible marine decapod crustaceans of the family Palinuridae, having a spiny carapace and lacking the large pincers characteristic of true lobsters. Also called crayfish, langouste, rock lobster, sea crayfish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a crustacean superficially resembling a true lobster, belonging to the Palinuridae family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Same as Rock lobster, under Rock. See also Lobster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. warm-water lobsters without claws; those from Australia and South Africa usually marketed as frozen tails; caught also in Florida and California
- n. large edible marine crustacean having a spiny carapace but lacking the large pincers of true lobsters
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.