from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument for registering the depth and rapidity of respiratory movements.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an instrument for measuring and recording the depth and rapidity of breathing movements
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for recording the respiratory movements, as the sphygmograph does those of the pulse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A device for drawing spirals.
- n. Same as atmograph, 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a measuring instrument for recording the depth and rapidity of breathing movements
spiro- + graph (Wiktionary)