Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An eel split and broiled.
- To split (an eel) lengthwise and broil it.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. (Cookery) To split (as an eel) lengthwise, and broil it, or fry it in hot fat.
- n. (Cookery) An eel split and broiled.
- 16th Century. Possibly a corruption of split + cook. (Wiktionary)
“Every _pretty_ expression, (I know there were many) every warm expression, there was nothing else, is vulgarised and frozen -- but if they catch me in their camps again let them spitchcock me.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spitchcock’.
Words and phrases about eels.
Inspired by fbharjo (see spitchcock).
If you've ever played the game "Balderdash," you may have heard of the 'Weird Words' category. This category lists some pretty strange words... these are a few examples of word you may come across ...
words I like with little or no rationalization
Looking for tweets for spitchcock.