from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to get ready for a fight
- v. to get in the fighting position
- v. to pay back money that is owed
- v. to face (someone) in a contest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. settle conclusively; come to terms
- v. make square
- v. even up the edges of a stack of paper, in printing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.