from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of sh.
- n. A Middle English fashion of writing initial s-.
- n. An abbreviation:
- n. of saints;
- n. of scilicet (common in legal documents).
- n. See Collar of SS., under collar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. special police force in Nazi Germany founded as a personal bodyguard for Adolf Hitler in 1925; the SS administered the concentration camps
- n. the United States intelligence agency that protects current and former presidents and vice presidents and their immediate families and protects distinguished foreign visitors; detects and apprehends counterfeiters; suppresses forgery of government securities and documents
Sorry, no etymologies found.