from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to tin mining, especially in Cornwall.
- n. A tin mine or tin works.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to tin mines, or tin works.
- n. A tin mine; tin works.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to tin, tin-mines, or the working of tin: as, “stannary courts,”
- n. A region or district in which tin is mined: the English form of the Latin stannaria (or stammaria, as written in a charter of the third year of King John, 1201). The miners themselves were called stannatores or (rarely) stammatores.
Late Latin stannaria. (Wiktionary)