from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The process of crewing or operating a steamboat, or travelling as a passenger on one.
- n. steamboat traffic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The occupation or business of running a steamboat, or of transporting merchandise, passengers, etc., by steamboats.
- n. The shearing of a pile of books which are as yet uncovered, or out of boards.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The business of operating steamboats.
- n. Undue hurrying and slighting of work.
- n. A method of cutting many boards for book-covers at one operation, instead of cutting them singly.
Sorry, no etymologies found.