from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To stitch (sew with a needle)
- v. To shut or close
- n. A stitch.
- n. A set of stitches used to fasten knitting together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To pierce with a sharp instrument; hence, to stitch; to sew; also, to fix; to fasten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pierce with a sharp-pointed instrument; stitch or sew with a needle.
- To close or shut: as, to steek one's eyes.
- To close; shut.
- n. The act of stitching with a needle; a stitch.
However, she did feel that using the word "steek" - slang for sex - was going too far.
The lovely "steek" with the gravy in it -- that is to say, nearly raw -- was now ready, and father and son adjourned to the next room.
"And we've beautiful pickled walnuts; haven't we, Mr. Aby? and there'll be kidneys biled" (meaning potatoes) "by the time the 'steek's' ready.
Weg met internet » Blog Archive » Help, weer een internetonderzoek en geen steek wijzer! on Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 7: 28 am
Me finks kitteh iz dreamin ob jawmpin onna pogogogogogo steek.
Mai brudder jus broot me a joocie steek wit sheetalkee mushieroonz an potatoz wit onionz offa hiz grill!
Ai prifur mai steek lik OP. *knock off the horns and wipe the behind*
Gud thing yew yewsed a steek – oar wuz taht a stayKe?
Ai jus kookd a purterhomz steek and bakk taters an am bout to fri sum babi squashz in egg an flower.
Ai eet mai breekfurst jus wun hoor beefur, sew ai givz OP som steek an ai weel sav it!
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.