from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several foul-smelling fungi of the order Phallales, such as Phallus impudicus or P. ravenelii, having a thick, cylindrical stalk and a narrow cap.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any fungus of the order Phallales which produce a foul-scented, rod-shaped mushroom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of fungus of the genus Phallus, which emits a fetid odor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a common name for certain ill-smelling fungi of the genus Phallus. The most common species is P. impudicus. See Phallus, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various ill-smelling brown-capped fungi of the order Phallales
Sorry, no etymologies found.