from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The floating dust in a flour mill caused by the operation of grinding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To stuff; to crowd; to fill full; hence, to make hot and close; to render stifling.
- intransitive v. To be stifled or suffocated.
- n. The floating dust in flour mills caused by the operation or grinding.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as steeve for stiff.
- To become stiff; stiffen.
- To stiffen.
- To stuff; cram; stow; crowd.
- To stew, as meat.
- To stew, as in a close atmosphere; be stifled.
- n. An obsolete form of stew.
- n. Dust; the dust floating in flour-mills during the operation of grinding.
Sorry, no etymologies found.