from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The floating dust in a flour mill caused by the operation of grinding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The floating dust in flour mills caused by the operation or grinding.
- intransitive v. To be stifled or suffocated.
- transitive v. To stuff; to crowd; to fill full; hence, to make hot and close; to render stifling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as steeve for stiff.
- To become stiff; stiffen.
- To stiffen.
- To stuff; cram; stow; crowd.
- To stew, as meat.
- To stew, as in a close atmosphere; be stifled.
- n. An obsolete form of stew.
- n. Dust; the dust floating in flour-mills during the operation of grinding.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Authors should always stive to have complete information in their works.
Stir in lentis, bring to a boil and let simmer on stive tope till done. (about 20 min)
That god for those precious few that support students as decent fellow humans and who stive not to perpetuate the vile psychic violence that is so much a part of our society.
I would like to understand what policies you think the Democratic Party should stive for.
We should stive for what the EU calls absolutely free movement of people, goods, and capital.
Every being is endowed with the necessary impulse to assert itself, and, as reason demands nothing contrary to nature, it requires each one to follow this impulse and to stive after whatever is useful to him.
To this end, we will stive to create a caring, responsive ennvironment that will nurture individual growth, focus on teamwork and foster meaningful community relations.
Det er vigtigere, at det offentlige sikrer danskerne en sundhedssektor med frie valg, konkurrence og mennesket i centrum end at bevare politisk styring, monopol og stive systemer.
May we both stive to accomplish wa s best we can in this world.
The net effect will be that the tax take will rise due to this ruling, as more people will stive to achieve more, and so will earn more.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.