American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A place where stocks, bonds, or other securities are bought and sold.
- n. An association of stockbrokers who meet to buy and sell stocks and bonds according to fixed regulations.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A building, place, or mart where stocks or shares are bought and sold.
- n. An association of brokers and dealers or jobbers in stocks, bonds, and other securities, created under state or municipal authority, or by corporations concerned in the business connected with the carrying on of railways, mines, manufactures, banks, or other commercial or industrial pursuits.
- n. A building and the associated organization that trades stocks in of companies for money and vice versa.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An association or body of stockbrokers who meet and transact business by certain recognized forms, regulations, and usages.
- n. an exchange where security trading is conducted by professional stockbrokers
“If the stock exchange committee agreed that it was necessary 'to stabilize the market' … and if the great broking firms of Joseph Stern and Arjan Soorjani also agree not to offer any stock, any bulk stock below 28.80, what can Gornt do?”
“He managed to get his name involved in all sorts of unsavory speculations on the stock exchange and in gambling scandals, invariably, it is true, as a victim; while at least three foreign footlight favorites were expelled from Germany by the police on account of the scandals created by his association with them.”
“In Paris the students from the Latin Quarter had crossed the Seine and were attempting to set the stock exchange building, the Bourse, on fire.”
“The stock exchange beganto triumph and prepared slowly but surely to take the life of the nationinto its guardianship and control.”
“Ferstel, with Eitelberger, to develop civic architecture along artistic lines (burgomaster's residence, stock exchange 1859).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘stock exchange’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Multiword expressions frequently used in EU context. Many of them have a specific EU-meaning, some of them are topical in 2012 also outside the EU but have a relevance in EU politics. People workin...
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 1567 more...
accession candidate, commitment approp..., commitment approp..., conciliation comm..., consumer protection, Copenhagen criteria, absorption capacity, absorption rate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle and 302 more...
Looking for tweets for stock exchange.