American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A stock exchange, especially one in a continental European city.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stock exchange; specifically, the stock exchange of Paris, and hence used of continental European exchanges in general.
- n. The bag of a wig. See bag, 3.
- n. A stock exchange.
- n. A meeting of stamp collectors and/or dealers, where stamps and covers are sold or exchanged.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An exchange, or place where merchants, bankers, etc., meet for business at certain hours; esp., the Stock Exchange of Paris.
- n. the stock exchange in Paris
- From French bourse. Compare burse. (Wiktionary)
- French, purse, bourse, from Late Latin bursa, bag; see bursa. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The TSE focuses on cash stock transactions while the Osaka bourse operates a derivates trading platform that carries the widely traded Nikkei 225 share index futures contract.”
“The value of the TSE, which isn't listed, will be calculated at around 1.7 times that of the Osaka bourse, the person said.”
“The move was seen aimed at propping up the Kuwaiti bourse, which is up 0.8% this year.”
“The Polish bourse, which is 99%-state-owned, said last week it wanted a strategic partnership with a large Western exchange, having ruled out selling a stake to a rival because of this month's change in the country's government.”
“Capitalised at $2.2 billion, the bourse is the fourth largest in”
“The bourse is a black box that still hasn't been opened," said Ashraf Khairy, who added he holds 2.4 million Egyptian pounds $408,302 in stocks and is 400,000 pounds in debt.”
“The bourse was the largest for palladium futures at the time.”
“The Osaka bourse would remain listed on the Jasdaq exchange, the country's biggest market for start-up companies, after the transaction, the person said.”
“Osaka Securities Exchange Co. jumped 6.9 percent to 460,000, its steepest advance since August 2009, after the Tokyo Stock Exchange said it aims to hold merger discussions with the Osaka bourse operator.”
“The bourse is the only organization with the power to decide on delistings, he said.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bourse’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
new words or spelling issues
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Words I come across while reading.
Looking for tweets for bourse.