Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A workman who makes or fits gun-stocks.
- n. One who is employed in the felling and grubbing up of trees.
- n. agriculture livestock that is wintered and then sold in the spring
- n. automotive stock car; a car used for racing but without significant alteration since its production by the manufacturer
- n. One who crafts gun stocks
- n. One who stocks shelves with inventory
- n. one who supplies raw material to a machine
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who makes or fits stocks, as of guns or gun carriages, etc.
- n. a domestic animal (especially a young steer or heifer) kept as stock until fattened or matured and suitable for a breeding establishment
“I'm usually pretty good about marking the date and species on all sealed fish, but this 12-inch brown trout, no doubt a local stocker, is anonymous and apparently slipped out of view during cold storage.”
“We have outlined four different stages that will take your stocker from a standard issue 4×4 to a “built to the hilt” utility machine that breathes fire (not really, but darn close).”
“Nearby, you’ll find a towering bin, called a stocker, filled with wafers waiting to be processed by this equipment.”
“Cool catch, although I wonder if that fish was a recent stocker, if it went for powerbait?”
“The poorest person (me) gets a college education and rather than earning $10,000 as a shelf-stocker earns $20,000 as a secretary – admittedly boring and an underutilization of my skills, but a job nonetheless.”
“Does that mean we can expect a new Ri-Ri album as a stocking stocker this holiday season?”
“You worked in retail chain stores (Kresge, a drug store chain, Marshalls as a night stocker) for most of your life and to pretend otherwise is side-spittingly hilarious.”
“If you are fishing stocker rainbows then power bait fished on the bottom works all over the nation.”
“Caught this stocker in a river that practically nobody fishes in the summer months.”
“It was either a small stocker, or may have actually hatched (I can't remember if the Manistee supports natural reproduction of trout).”
‘stocker’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for stocker.