from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An excavation in the form of steps made by the mining of ore from steeply inclined or vertical veins.
- transitive v. To remove (ore) from or mine by means of a stope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mining excavation in the form of a terrace of steps.
- v. To excavate in the form of stopes.
- v. To fill in with rubbish, as a space from which the ore has been worked out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A horizontal working forming one of a series, the working faces of which present the appearance of a flight of steps.
- Stepped; gone; advanced.
- transitive v. To excavate in the form of stopes.
- transitive v. To fill in with rubbish, as a space from which the ore has been worked out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In mining, to remove the contents of a vein.
- n. An excavation made in a mine to remove the ore which has been rendered accessible by the shafts and drifts.
- n. An obsolete form of stoop.
- n. Middle English forms of stapen, past participle of step.
Leahy should stope lecturing on racial politics to amke his poltical point.
For a # of years I used Rems Extended Range l68 grs, but they stope making them and went to the Sciroccos.
People need to grow up and stope seeing what they can sue people over.
“A drawpoint is a horizontal plan located at the base of a stope that is generally the link between the stope and the haulage drift allowing recuperation of the broken ore.” trackback
Kamel Labiad 1 month ago wow great work was that stope motion?
The best pratice you can use is a 22 or a BB gun try all positions then when you think you got a tuch for how to stope teh game, switch to the hutgig gun you gonna use with cheapo ammo.
And yan, if it wes his mynd and will yat he should be disponit vpoun, ye said deaconis and craftismen sould convey him yaire; quha answerit, yat yai culd na way stope ye executioun of justice.
They discovered an unknown underground mine working - tunnel, raise, or stope - and that was not what we were hoping to discover an ore deposit is more like what we were looking for.
Start in Downtown Durham, string the thing it down the median of 147 and I-40, veer off for a stope at the airport and then on to Raleigh.
The police drove the workers up - according to The Star - "stope by stope, level by level" to the surface.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.