from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The central area of a storm, especially the point of lowest barometric pressure within a storm.
- n. A center of trouble, disturbance, or argument.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the center of the area covered by a storm, especially by a storm of large extent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The position of lowest pressure in a cyclonic storm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the central area or place of lowest barometric pressure within a storm
- n. a center of trouble or disturbance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.