from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A literary technique that presents the thoughts and feelings of a character as they occur.
- n. Psychology The conscious experience of an individual regarded as a continuous, flowing series of images and ideas running through the mind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the continuous flow of thoughts that makes up an individual's conscious experience
- n. a literary device that seeks to describe this process by means of a long, unstructured soliloquy
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the continuous flow of ideas and feelings that constitute an individual's conscious experience
- n. a literary genre that reveals a character's thoughts and feeling as they develop by means of a long soliloquy
Sorry, no etymologies found.