American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A crumblike topping for coffee cakes and rich breads, consisting of flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and sometimes chopped nutmeats.
- n. A crumbly topping for cakes and quick breads. It is made of sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and often chopped nuts.
- n. a crumbly topping for a pastry
- n. pastry with a topping of streusel
- From German Streusel. (Wiktionary)
- German, streusel, from Middle High German ströusel, something strewn, from ströuwen, to sprinkle, from Old High German strowwen; see ster-2 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“If it made an impact, then the extra work to make the streusel is probably worth it.”
“Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the streusel is slightly browned.”
“Hi Nic - I like the idea of streusel layers in the cake - yummy!”
“If caramel-cinnamon ice cream is good like Haagen Dazs Cinnamon Dulce de Leche, than adding a "streusel" swirl and cinnamon bun dough would *have* to be better!”
“I'm always amazed at how excited I get when I see the word "streusel"!”
“This isn’t a good idea with all cakes, like delicate cheesecakes or cakes with toppings on them, such as streusel-heavy coffee cakes, because the cakes would never survive being flipped upside down out of a regular pan in one piece!”
“Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon streusel topping, if using.”
“But her dish was really simple in the way that it looks, so when you think about it, it's like, she should've had time to put it together and made it look really nice because at the end of the day, it was a sphere, a canal and I think there was a streusel and a cream on the plate.”
“The tart has lots of the featured ingredients from standard Anzac biscuits - oats, golden syrup and coconut - in the form of a sticky oatmeal tart topped with a layer of coconut bavarian and a streusel made out of the traditional cookie dough.”
“Fresh raspberries incorporated into a cakey batter and topped with almond streusel.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘streusel’.
need to learn these words!!!!!!!!
Looking for tweets for streusel.