from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball An out made by a batter charged with three strikes and credited to the pitcher who threw the strikes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instance or the act of yielding nothing
- n. An instance or the act of striking out
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an out made by a batter against whom three strikes were called in a single at-bat; also, the same out as credited to the pitcher, in the scoring of the game.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a motion as with one's fist or foot towards an object or away from one's body
- v. cause to get out
- v. put out or be put out by a strikeout
- v. be unsuccessful in an endeavor
- v. remove from a list
- v. set out on a course of action
- n. an out resulting from the batter getting three strikes
Sorry, no etymologies found.