from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A member of the armed forces, a cadet corps, or a commercial flight crew who wears stripes designating rank or length of service. Often used in combination: a three-striper; a four-striper.
- n. See striped bass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device that applies stripes
- n. The striped bass, Morone saxatilis, a popular sport fish native to North America
- n. A person who is authorized to wear a certain number of stripes on his or her uniform
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a serviceman who wears stripes on the uniform to indicate rank or years of service
- n. marine food and game fish with dark longitudinal stripes; migrates upriver to spawn; sometimes placed in the genus Morone
- n. caught along the Atlantic coast of the United States
stripe + -er (Wiktionary)