from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or following a trajectory of less than one orbit. Used of a rocket or spacecraft.
- adj. Anatomy Situated on or below the floor of the orbit of the eye.
- n. A suborbital part, such as a bone, nerve, or cartilage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not reaching orbit; having a trajectory that does not reach escape velocity and so must return to ground eventually.
- adj. Below the orbit of the eye
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Situated under or below the orbit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated below the orbit of the eye or on the floor of that orbit; infra-orbital; subocular. Also suboptic, suborbitar.
- n. A special formation of parts below, along the lower border of, or on the floor of the orbit of the eye.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or involving a trajectory of less than one orbit
- adj. situated on or below the floor of the eye socket
Sorry, no etymologies found.