from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stew consisting of kernels of corn, lima beans, and tomatoes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stew made from kernels of corn, lima beans, tomatoes and sometimes peppers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Green maize and beans boiled together. The dish is borrowed from the native Indians.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dish consisting of Indian corn (maize) and beans, variously prepared.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fresh corn and lima beans with butter or cream
Narragansett msíckquatash, boiled whole-kernel corn.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Narragansett msíckquatash ("boiled corn kernels"). (Wiktionary)