from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several organic acids containing one or more sulfonic groups.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a strong inorganic acid, HSO2OH
- n. the univalent functional group -SO2OH
- n. any member of the the class or organic acids containing this group; used in detergents, dyes and ion exchange resins
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an acid derived from sulphuric acid
Sorry, no etymologies found.