American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One who engages in the sport of surfing. Also called surfboarder.
- n. Informal One who casually looks at something offering numerous options, especially the Internet or television.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The surfscoter, a duck.
- n. A person who rides a surfboard. Some who does surfing.
- n. A person who surfs the Internet.
- n. A duck, the surf scoter (Melanitta perspicillata).
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.), United States The surf duck.
- n. someone who engages in surfboarding
- to surf + -er. (Wiktionary)
“The iPad, a 9. 7-inch touch-screen computer that Apple touts as a multimedia e-reader and mobile Web surfer, is set to launch April 3, starting at $499.”
“The average web surfer is very careful to NOT click on affiliate ads, no matter how relevant they are to the content on the site and no matter how gracefully they get blended into the content. gregoryt Says:”
“Once a surfer is in a particular cabin, he or she can test out the different conveniences in the cabin with the click of a mouse – and these include common activities like working on a laptop and going to sleep.”
“When Billy Dalton, military special ops and star surfer, is disqualified from the pro-surfing tour, he takes off for the coast of Bali looking for the perfect wave.”
“(A "goofy-footed" surfer is one who rides with his right foot, instead of the more natural (to most people) left foot in front.)”
“An unspecified surfer from the USA came by via Yahoo looking for "gisele lindley" -- Ms. Lindley was the daring and lovely actress who played Princess in Oingo Boingo's misbegotten Forbidden Zone movie.”
“A surfer is riding a wave of populist support that could make her this city's first write-in mayor.”
“The Oracle Magazine popped up in my tag surfer today.”
“QUOTE found you via tag surfer … …. wow, I definitely learned a lot from this post.”
“So I was browsing WordPress via my tag surfer and came across this lovely bauble:”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘surfer’.
as a youth I, and some others, made a pen-and-paper RPG, based in contemporary crime and suspense fiction + nonfiction, set in America's blighted urban centers, anonymous slurbs, and godforsaken hi...
how surf is used
Clothing styles & subcultures...
Looking for tweets for surfer.