from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Strips of cloth wrapped around a newborn infant to hold its legs and arms still.
- n.pl. Restrictions imposed on the immature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A garment, made of strips of cloth, used to bind an infant and restrict movement of its limbs
- n. An early period in development, infancy, the beginnings of something; inception.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. restrictions placed on the immature
- n. a garment (a gown or narrow strips of cloth) for an infant
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.