from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun plural Strips of cloth wrapped around a newborn infant to hold its legs and arms still.
- noun plural Restrictions imposed on the immature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
garment, made of strips of cloth, used to bindan infantand restrict movementof its limbs
- noun idiomatic An early period in development,
infancy, the beginnings of something; inception.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun restrictions placed on the immature
- noun a garment (a gown or narrow strips of cloth) for an infant
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.