from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. The part of a flail that is free to swing, and which strikes the grain in threshing.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. That part of the flail that falls upon the grain in threshing. Also swingle.


See swipe. (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.