from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pale brass-yellow to silver-white ore of gold and silver, chiefly (Au,Ag)Te2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Silver gold telluride, a soft metallic mineral ranging in colour from steely gray to almost white.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A telluride of gold and silver, (Au, Ag)Te2, of a steel gray, silver white, or brass yellow. It often occurs in implanted crystals resembling written characters, and hence is called graphic tellurium. H., 1.5-2. Sp.gr., 7.9-8.3.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native telluride of gold, silver, and sometimes lead.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a silver-white mineral consisting of silver gold telluride; a source of gold in Australia and America
French, after Transylvania .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Transylvania, where it can be found, and -ite. (Wiktionary)