from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An animal, especially a bird or mammal, that has two or more fused digits.
- adj. Of, relating to, or characterized by syndactyly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two or more digits wholly or partly united. See syndactylism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the digits more or less united.
- n. A syndactyl person, mammal, or bird.
French syndactyle : Greek sun-, syn- + Greek daktulos, finger.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.