from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of table d'hôte.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A common table for guests at a hotel; an ordinary.
- Now, commonly, a meal, usually of several preselected and fixed courses, in a restaurant, hotel, or the like, for which one pays a fixed price. Sometimes, a meal with optional courses for which one pays a fixed price irrespective of what one orders; but the latter is usuallyt referred to as a
pris fixemeal or a a la cartemeal. Often used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A common table for guests at a hotel; an ordinary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a menu offering a complete meal with limited choices at a fixed price
- adj. (of a restaurant meal) complete but with limited choices and at a fixed price
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.