from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine that records the measurements of a tachometer, especially one in a vehicle recording its speed and the times at which it was driven.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device that records the distance and time traveled by a vehicle (especially a truck or coach), used to check the drivers' working time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A recording or registering tachometer; also, its autographic record.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A recording tachometer applied to shafting or wheels to register rotation-speed; a speed-indicator. Also tacheograph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tachometer that produces a graphical record of its readings; used to record the speed and duration of trips in a motor vehicle
Greek takhos, speed + -graph.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)