from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small African monkey (Cercopithecus talapoin), the smallest of the guenons, having a long tail and greenish fur.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A monkey from one of two species of Old World monkeys, of the genus Miopithecus, distinguished by a short-snouted head with a hairless face
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small African monkey (Cercopithecus talapoin or Miopithecus talapoin) -- called also melarhine.
- n. A Buddhist monk or priest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Buddhist monk of Ceylon, Siam, etc.
- n. In zoology, a monkey, Cercopithecus talapoin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. smallest guenon monkey; of swampy central and west African forests
French, from Portuguese talapões, pl. of talapão, monk.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)