from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small, long-tailed, arboreal monkeys of the genera Leontideus and Saguinus of Central and South America, closely related to and resembling the marmosets but having a larger body, longer limbs, and lower canines that extend well beyond the incisors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a family of squirrel-sized South American monkeys.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of several species of small squirrel-like South American monkeys of the genus Midas, especially Midas ursulus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the small squirrel-monkeys of South America; a marmoset of the genus Midas, as M. leoninus, the lion tamarin; M. rosalia, the silky tamarin, or marikina; M. ursulus, the negro tamarin, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small South American marmoset with silky fur and long nonprehensile tail
French, from Galibi.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)