from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of tenpounder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large oceanic fish (Elops saurus) found in the tropical parts of all the oceans. It is used chiefly for bait.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See pounder, 1 and 2.
- n. Something that weighs ten pounds.
- n. The big-eyed herring, Elops saurus. See cut under Elops.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. game fish resembling the tarpon but smaller
Sorry, no etymologies found.