American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Linguistics A voiceless stop.
- n. Linguistics A voiceless unaspirated stop in ancient Greek.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In grammar, one of the three surd mutes of the Greek alphabet,
κ, π, τ, in relation to their respective middle letters, or medials (that is, sonant mutes), γ, β, δ, or their aspirates, χ, φ, θ.These terms are sometimes also applied to the corresponding articulate elements in other languages, as k, p, t.
- n. linguistics a tenuis stop
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Gr. Gram.) One of the three surd mutes κ, π, τ; -- so called in relation to their respective middle letters, or medials, γ, β, δ, and their aspirates, χ, φ, θ. The term is also applied to the corresponding letters and articulate elements in other languages.
- From Latin tenuis ("thin, fine; weak"). (Wiktionary)
- New Latin (translation of Greek psīlos), from Latin, thin; see tenuous. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Attraction of the land snail Anguispira alternata to fresh faeces of white-tailed deer: implications in the transmission of Parelaphostrongylus tenuis.”
“Parelaphostrongylus tenuis (brainworm) is a nematode that infects the brain of the white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus).”
“They found that the snail Anguispira alternata was attracted to fresh deer feces whether or not they contained P. tenuis larvae, although the snails seemed to prefer larvae-free feces to those containing larvae.”
“Garvon & Bird provide a brief review of the previous reports in the literature: one study claimed that the snails were repelled by fresh deer feces, but not weathered ones, while another study claimed that snails were repelled by deer feces containing P. tenuis larvae.”
“Iam I'm gratias ago meus felicis astrum ut Conor non ut tenuis quisquam in hic quoniam coniecto quis?”
“Crocidura tenuis (Soricidae), possibly introduced by man, and the Flores giant rat (Papagomys armandvillei) are considered vulnerable.”
“Family Species Sorcidae Crocidura tenuis* Pteropodidae Pteropus chrysoproctus Rhinolophidae Rhinolophus canuti Muridae Papagomys armandvillei* Muridae Rattus timorensis* An asterisk signifies that the species 'range is limited to this ecoregion.”
“In the upper Assam areas of the ecoregion, the forests are made up of Duabanga-Pterospermum-Terminalia in association with Bombax ceiba, Pterspermum acerifolium, Laportea crenulata, Duabanga sonneratioides, Terminalia myriocarpa, and Calamus tenuis.”
“Both endemic species and genera are found and these include Spartocytisus supranubius, Erysimum scoparium, Nepeta teydea, Plantago webbii, Senecio palmensis, Juniperus cedrus, Polycarpaea tenuis, and Echium sp.”
“Two mammals are endemic to the ecoregion, Myosorex tenuis and Ambloysomus gunningi, while Pronolagus crassicudatus is near-endemic.”
‘tenuis’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for tenuis.