from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with pieces that are similarly shaped.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of tessellate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed of little squares, as mosaic work; checkered.
- adj. Marked like a checkerboard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed of small pieces of stone, glass, or the like, generally square or four-sided in plan, and long in proportion to their breadth. See tessera, 1.
- In botany, checkered; having the colors arranged in small squares, thus resembling a tessellated pavement.
- In zoology, checkered or reticulated in a regular manner, by either the coloration or the formation of the parts of a surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. decorated with small pieces of colored glass or stone fitted together in a mosaic
- adj. having a checkered or mottled appearance
Sorry, no etymologies found.