American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A monosaccharide containing no more than four carbon atoms in its primary chain.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In organic chemistry, the class-name applied to those sugars which contain four atoms of carbon in the molecule.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) A monosaccharide derived from a certain alcohol.
- n. any monosaccharide sugar containing four atoms of carbon per molecule
- tetra- (“four”) + -ose (“sugar”) (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tetrose’.
words not found in other
dictionaries,these are from Macquarie
Dictionary and not playable in
Looking for tweets for tetrose.