from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant used as a remedy for tetter Chelidonium majus
- n. Sanguinaria canadensis, the bloodroot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant used as a remedy for tetter, -- in England the calendine, in America the bloodroot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The larger celandine, Chelidonium majus, so named from its use in cutaneous diseases; also, in America, sometimes the bloodroot, Sanguinaria Canadensis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. perennial woodland native of North America having a red root and red sap and bearing a solitary lobed leaf and white flower in early spring and having acrid emetic properties; rootstock used as a stimulant and expectorant
tetter + wort (Wiktionary)