Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The larger celandine, Chelidonium majus, so named from its use in cutaneous diseases; also, in America, sometimes the bloodroot, Sanguinaria Canadensis.
- n. UK A plant used as a remedy for tetter Chelidonium majus
- n. US Sanguinaria canadensis, the bloodroot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) A plant used as a remedy for tetter, -- in England the calendine, in America the bloodroot.
- n. perennial woodland native of North America having a red root and red sap and bearing a solitary lobed leaf and white flower in early spring and having acrid emetic properties; rootstock used as a stimulant and expectorant
- tetter + wort (Wiktionary)
“כלידוניום: Greater celandine / Swallow wort / tetterwort”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tetterwort’.
List of plant names (common or scientific) that go trippingly off the tongue, are fun to contemplate, expose the wit of the namer, or just plain befuddle.
tongueshape mudmi..., glandular maiden ..., jeweled maiden fern, stately maiden fern, hairy maiden fern, downy maiden fern, widespread maiden..., turkey tangle fog..., yankeeweed, clitoria fragrans, clitoria mariana, tall tumblemustard and 261 more...
I have in mind the worts associated with a green thumb rather than a green beer - but as you can see by the name, I'll accept anything you have to offer.
Long English words that can be typed on a keyboard under various restictions. The longest are:
QWERTY left hand only: aftercataracts, sweaterdresses, tesseradecades, and tetrastearates...
Looking for tweets for tetterwort.