American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make theological in form or significance.
- v. To speculate about theology.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render theological.
- To theorize or speculate upon theological subjects; engage in theological discussion.
- Also spelled theologise.
- v. To treat something from a theological viewpoint.
- v. To discuss or speculate about theological subjects.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To render theological; to apply to divinity; to reduce to a system of theology.
- v. To frame a system of theology; to theorize or speculate upon theological subjects.
- v. make theoretical speculations about theology or discuss theological subjects
- v. treat from a theological viewpoint or render theological in character
“Once content to simply legislate, the pro-choice democrats have recently decided to "theologize" in a public forum.”
“With the West Virginia coal mine disaster, the Gulf of Mexico oil catastrophe, and the Gaza blockade all fresh in our minds -- not to mention the most polarized and paralyzed political establishment in over one hundred years -- more and more of us agree that it's time to change what we do and how we think, including the ways we theologize about the future.”
“In retrospect, Plaskow sees the impact of non-Jewish thought on “The Coming of Lilith,” and the dearth of Jewish theological language and understandings, but she also sees in it “my first incorporation of Jewish modes of thinking into my attempts to theologize.””
“Attorneys, cut millionaires 'taxes, gut clean-air standards, politicize science, theologize policy or put any of the other right-wing notches in its belt.”
“The former is the cataphatic God about whom we may talk, debate and theologize, while the latter is the apophatic God that so utterly transcends our categories that the most we can say about it is what it is not.”
“He says that UUism was not "theologically based" (p. 34) because he is unable to see how Americans can theologize in non-fundamentalist ways—describing UU tolerance, openness, skepticism, and religious exploration he fails to see how such things can function as religious beliefs (i.e. theology) unto themselves.”
“For both clergy and laity may receive this as a principle, that they are yet rude and complete strangers in true theology, unless they have learned so to theologize, that theology may bear the torch before them to that piety and holiness which they sedulously and earnestly pursue.”
“The writers who thus theologize may often expressly teach the traditional Unity in”
“It lies in his own power to "theologize his astrologie," to turn his universe into spiritual forces.”
“The Undivided and Unmixed Trinity let us theologize as One in nature -- the”
‘theologize’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for theologize.