from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Beginning with, constituting, or relating to the thesis in prosody.
- adj. Presented dogmatically; arbitrarily prescribed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a thesis (in prosody)
- adj. Dogmatic
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In ancient prosody: Pertaining to the thesis, or metrically accented part of a foot.
- Beginning with a thesis: opposed to anacrustic.
Greek thetikos, from thetos, placed, from tithenai, to put; see dhē- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)